When: March 27-28, 2019 9AM to 8PM, 2 days
Where: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
From the ADB Website:
“The ADB Business Opportunities Fair (BOF) is a one-stop forum for consultants, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers, and civil society organizations looking to provide goods, works, and services for ADB projects. It has proven to be an excellent opportunity to network with peers in the industry and with ADB specialists in the agriculture, environment, energy, public management, finance, transport, water, urban development, health, and education sectors.
During the event, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with ADB staff in procurement, consulting, project management, and related operations.
- Meet with ADB sector specialists.
- Network with other consulting firms and suppliers from donor and developing member countries.
- Watch presentations on how to qualify for ADB-financed contracts.
- Discover available business opportunities.
At the end of the event, participants will have:
- Discovered the advantages of ADB-financed contracts.
- Received an inside look at ADB’s policies and procedures for the procurement of goods and works, the recruitment of consultants, and the engagement of NGOs and civil society organizations.
- Learned how to locate business opportunities.
- Learned the best ways to prepare responsive bids and proposals.
- Received first-hand information on contracting opportunities by sector currently available under ongoing ADB-financed projects, and upcoming ADB pipeline projects.
- Explored areas of cooperation with other BOF participants.
These events are great opportunities to network and meet peers to share and collaborate. Japan, Germany, Spain and the UK each sponsored delegations of their businessmen to the briefings on ADB procurement, contracting and consulting practices. Attending on behalf of Elastos Philippines were Elastos Philippines Adviser Alex Timbol and Devs Coach Nic Aquino. A highlight of the event are cocktails on the 27th where all delegates met and shared ideas.
The key takeaway is a directory of all registered attendees which is useful to contact and promote our respective businesses. Attendees and their associates are likewise invited to join ADB BOF networking groups on LinkedIn.