Elastos Orchard for Council
By CR Press
CR Press is 100% community run and funded. Donate through your Elastos wallets by sending ETH/BTC/ELA to our cryptoname, “Press”, and remember to vote for the CR Press Supernode if you enjoy articles like this.
- How would you describe your first year on the CR Council? What things have you learned over the last year? Is there anything you would do differently?
We’ve learnt the importance of communication and working together to achieve goals and, more than anything, the need for all council members to vote.
The overall consensus is made much worse when members simply don’t vote, especially as it takes time and work for a proposer suggestions to get to the final stage.
We have appreciated the benefit of working together as a team of three on the council. This is because we have to find consensus ourselves, challenging each other’s views, and keeping track of time. We’ve learned how important the role of being a CR member is, how it can affect community sentiment, and the need to always listen to the community and support them on every step of the journey. Without community, Elastos would be nothing.
- Would you say the design of Suggestions and Proposals has been effective? What could be improved?
- What contributions to the Elastos ecosystem as a whole have you made that you’re particularly proud of this last year?
Orchard has worked closely with these teams and partners, supporting and turning the following into proposals:
Orchard put forward a suggestion ourselves which formed the Elastos Guardians, a dedicated team who continue to help moderate the telegram channels for free.
We also worked for a year on building a relationship with the European Football Agents Association (EFAA) and Mission89, an NGO dedicated to fighting human trafficking in sports, to use Elastos DIDs and work towards creating a Sports Passport. You can read the full proposal here which was recently passed.
Orchard otherwise supported;
⁃ elastos.info, working together in private and supporting PR & Marketing Agency suggestions
⁃ Chainlink integration on Elastos
⁃ Adding liquidity on Uniswap
⁃ Listing ELA on Bittrex
- What Proposals that passed the prior year made the most impact to the Elastos ecosystem?
- Why should the community vote for you?
- What is your vision is for the maturing Cyber Republic this upcoming year? What is your ambition for the Cyber Republic?
We also would like to see more digital media and marketing efforts to push the Web 3.0 narrative and are happy to support proposals aimed at building on and growing the Elastos Smartchain. We always welcome more exchanges and hope to see more tier-one listings take place this year.
- Are there near-term Suggestions, Proposals, or plans already in progress that you can share about that you are particularly excited for?
- Who else would you endorse for being on the Council with you?
We have heard that Brittany Kaiser and Jen Zhu have indicated they might stand and we would certainly support this – and it would be great if Shelia Warren from WEF would bring in her expertise and strategic connections too.
At an individual level, it is hard to comment on anyone because we have been impressed by all those with whom we have regular contact.The best Council members are those who present thoughtful challenge to the EF and community, but also are open-minded to new ideas and can be persuaded by data and logic. We have been particularly impressed with Strawberries as a team for their insight, objectivity, and questioning culture.
Given our own experience on the council, we believe teams are the way forward for the reasons explained in Question 1.
At an individual level, we would like to endorse Witzer. He has a background in finance, a great voting track record, and he has helped inspire us on both the burn and deflationary model topics. As a member from Asia, we can see he is very passionate about the Elastos vision, and we hope to see him run again.
- Is there anything you would like to share or talk about to the community?
We are pleased to be standing for a second term to continue to promote the Elastos vision, listen to and represent the community, and drive forward the extraordinary benefits of a true Web 3.0 together.
Onwards, Upwards, Elastos!