A frequent question is how to use the Elephant Wallet with the Elastos Web Wallet’s seed words. This way you don’t need to create a new wallet with new seed words, but you can use the old seeds for both Web and Elephant wallets. This is a quick guide on how to do so as the Elastos Web Wallet is an HD wallet with multiple addresses, and Elephant wallet is a single address wallet. Here is the recommended protocol:
- Log in to the Elephant Wallet with your Elastos Web Wallet’s seed words.
- Check your Elephant Wallet’s receiving address. Copy it.
- Log in to the Elastos Web Wallet and send 1 ELA as a test transaction to that address.
- Log in to the Elephant Wallet to see if you received the 1 ELA transaction.
- Now you’ve confirmed that it works, and you can send the rest of your Elastos Web Wallet’s balance to this address for use in the Elephant Wallet.
- Just remember to use the same address for each deposit if you use the Elastos Web Wallet so that it shows in your Elephant Wallet’s balance.