What Hast The Chinese Community Been Up To? May 16 - 31
- May 24 – Qu Lu Qu Dong published an article on technological singularity and the possibility for blockchain technology such as Elastos to directly benefit the pursuit of singularity together with other forefront technologies such as artificial intelligence, 5G, big data, and the Internet of Everything. Blockchain technology can serve a wide range of economic sectors including public administration, laws, finance, intellectual property and supply chains. The author explained that Elastos technology can enable users to truly own their data with complete security and privacy. Users need to realise that transfer of value over the Internet must begin with a transfer of platforms as well. In this regard, Elastos has a well thought out architecture and infrastructure that could potentially turn all data into programs, and thus remove middleware while protecting data ownership and privacy.
- May 26 – CR Herald published an article on the review of Elastos mainnet 2.0 – “Ilias”. As a recap, Elastos mainnet 1.0 – “Crete” has laid out the underlying technology architecture of Elastos. With Mainnet 2.0, Elastos’ consensus model was upgraded from an AuxPoW model to an AuxPow+DPoS model; Elastos merged-mining with Bitcoin was officially opened to the entire network and not just BTC.com miners. Elastos sidechains were also released at this stage, including Ethereum sidechain, DID sidechain, NEO sidechain, and Token sidechain. One of the most prominent milestones in Mainnet 2.0 was the release of elastOS, an application browser that integrates all services provided by Elastos. Mainnet 3.0 – “Arcadia” focuses on Cyber Republic Consensus, a consensus-based community governance mechanism that drives Elastos ecosystem development.
- May 28 – The Mobile Medical Committee of Chinese Research Hospitals Association (CRHA) organised a webinar on “Medical Data + Blockchain” on May 24, 2020. The webinar was attended by nearly 30 speakers from various sectors including government-linked medical institutions, scholars in the medical industry, reputable blockchain experts, and corporate representatives. Elastos co-founder Sunny Feng Han, Elastos DMA founder Brian Xin and LEO on Elastos Chief Information Security Architect Zhang ZhiJun were also invited as speakers.The main topic of the webinar is to discuss how to use blockchain and trusted computing technology to provide the underlying technical certainly in promoting the open sharing of medical data and optimising industry business models through data capitalisation.
- May 28 – CR Herald published an article to explore Choosit dApp released by Elastos DMA. Choosit is a decentralised e-commerce platform built on Elastos core technology including DID and Ethereum sidechains that enables real-time profit sharing for content creators. Smart contracts protect the rights of all parties, and transactions and settlements are processed synchronously. All information about products listed on the platform is completely open, transparent, and traceable. Merchant information and product details such as specifications, prices, and production links will undergo strict audits before listing to ensure that buyers are provided with high-quality and authentic goods. The platform currently focuses on selling t-shirts, hats and other creative products.
CR Herald Interviews
- May 16 – WeFilm chain consists of 5 core team members with diverse professional backgrounds including film producers and investors, business entrepreneurs, and IT experts. Amos T (CR Press web administrator) and Song Shijun (Elastos Elephant wallet lead) are also members of the core team. The primary service of WeFilm chain is to create a blockchain-based marketplace for consumers/viewers to buy the rights or own video content and digital assets on their personal devices. The team plans to use 3 pillars – technical development, business development, and community building, to perpetuate the growth of the Elastos ecosystem.
- May 20 – Elastos DMA team is led by Brian Xin and is one of the inaugural CR council members. The mission of the team is to create a business platform and business applications based on Elastos technology. Several exemplary dApps created by Elastos DMA team include Uptick (e-ticketing), Choosit (e-commerce platform) and GreenPass (personal health status tracker). GreenPass app has gained global attention and is currently in accelerated promotion. The team is also heavily involved in the design and development of LEO on Elastos platform, a data capitalisation platform that enables full-circle management of data assets.